-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of BBrock9404 (by way of
Camilla H.Flintermann)
Sent: Monday, April 27, 1998 9:52 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject: Udall Info/ suggested changes

BARB___I just found I had NOT sent this several days ago! Sorry! Will check
on Pell.

***********

Barb-- a gtreat idea--just a couple of tiny suggestions for wording. whixh
are enclosed in brackets:

q Is a progressive degenerative{ and at present incurable }neurological
disease.

q Major symptoms are tremor, stiffness and rigidity, slowness of movement,
{and the person is affected in many ways, head to toe}

q Is {probably} significantly under-diagnosed.

Famous People Living with Parkinson's

Pope John Paul

Billy Graham

Janet Reno

Muhammad Ali

Johnny Cash

Morris K. Udall

{isn't another Senator--I think Claiborne Pell--affected?}

The Problem

In 1997, the Morris K. Udall Research and Education Act was enacted and
authorized $100,000,000 a year as a timely recognition of the huge potential
in this field and as recognition that we as a society cannot continue to
take
a reactive, rather than a proactive stance. To date, the Act has not been
funded.

Support is needed to fully fund this important initiative now.  While many
with Parkinson's cannot, you can make  your voice heard.  Signing this
petition and writing your U. S. Senators and Representative to ask for full
funding for Parkinson's research and education NOW will benefit not only
those
already diagnosed, but countless others in whom the death of the dopamine
producing cells of the brain that are responsible for the ability to move
has
already begun.

Whether we like it or not, we are all at least indirectly affected by
Parkinson's fiscally.  It is thought that all of those fortunate to live
long
enough will have some symptoms of it.  Investing in Parkinson's NOW is an
investment in the future.

Barb Brock 53 cg Art 56/1 year