I find the PD website very insightful and helpful.  My husband was diagnosed 3
years ago at age 44.  Medication, at this point, controls symptoms fairly well
as far as those who work with him know.  Only he and I know the debilitation
that goes on, how frightening it is, and how lonely. (Particularly troubling
are the mood swings--specifically the down times.)  One thing that helps is
that he is self-disclosing about his illness when such disclosing is called
for.  He doesn't try to hide too much.  On the other hand, life goes on, and
our lives are very busy.  He is principal at a high school and I am in a
doctoral program.  Our four children are very supportive.  We don't feel so
alone when we receive the messages from the listserve.  Vi Dutcher