From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Sackvill
Sent:   Tuesday, April 28, 1998 10:42 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: <None>

Hi Barb:  I saw the throat-neck doc today and he's going to contact the UCLA
doc
with some questions about different ways this has been done. (Teflon being
used after the first collagen injection, for example.) I learned something
about vocal chords.  They have to touch each other -- they're kind of like
this ---->  /\  <----- and evidently have to swing together to get the vibes
that make the voice strong enough.  Mine don't make it.  They're a millimeter
apart.  Hard to believe that makes all the difference.  Thanks for all your
feedback about this.  It really helped!!  Liz S~~