Dear Listfriends,

Another attempt to make the list shorter and more accessable for just
Parkinon's disease.

I must say that I enjoy the jokes and poems very much, but I also realize
that the number of messages is growing by day. About 75 a day is way too
much.

Most of the possibilities to manage the list are already mentioned :

1) digests  2) personal messages no to the list 3) use the subject
correctly and don't just reply because it's so easy.
4) if you reply on a message, don't send the whole message you reply on,
back to the list 5) do not attach files  6) Keep your message short.

I have 2 suggestions

A) filter your messages      B) a "friends" list

A) Outlook Express and Eudora 3.0.5 give both the opportunity to filter
your messages. Possibly there are other mailer programs who do the same. I
know Eudora the best and in a tekst I can describe you step by step how you
can use these filters. If you are interested I can send you the text in
which I explain how to use the filters in Eudora and also how to download
and install Eudora.

B) Make a "Friends of Parkies" list. This list can be used as an exchange
list for non PD things. It can be a simple list...no archives .... just a
list. One person organizes the list and spreads out the files that (s)he
receives for this list

Some questions (for a start) :

What do you think of a seperate list?
Do you want to be on that list?