Jerry,

I read your beautifully written and moving plea for participants in the Web
Ring.  My first thought was I'm not an accomplished computer user.  Most of
the time I have no idea what I'm doing.  How in the world could I set up a Web
Page?

My second thought was that I am not an accomplished writer, as you and Janet
so obviously are.  What would I say?  Would anyone be interested?

....but then I remembered how devastated I was when I heard the doctor say,
"You have Parkinson's Disease." I thought of how desparately I searched for
information and how much I needed to hear someone say, " It's not the worst
thing in the world that could happen to you.  You will survive and do okay."
Finding the PARKINSN list was a lifesaver to me.  Maybe I could return the
favor by helping a newbie out there who  is just as frightened as I was .

In short, if someone is willing to help a computer klutz get started ( and I
mean step-by-step instructions in English - not computerize ), I'll give it a
try.  If we aren't willing to spend the time to help each other and bring
attention to the needs of PWPs, what  are we doing with our time that's so
much more important?

WARNING : I will be a challenge to your patience.  If you want to rescind your
offer to help, it's okay.

Mary Sheehan