        Pardon me for butting in, but I was concerned about Ken Becker's answer
creating a misconception.  The way Mr. Becker's letter was written, one might
get the impression  that collagen injection would be the first thing tried,
then, if that failed, one might look into The Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
method.  As enthusiastic a correspondent as Mr. Becker is, he has no
credentials.  His father has Parkinsons, and that is why he stays on this
listserv.  I would beg to differ with him, and offer the following.  I am a
physician, I have PD, I am a Lee Silverman graduate.  My opinion is that his
recommendations are reversed.
        From a modest beginning, the LSVT has branched.  In the last three years, the
staff of the William Gould Center for treatment of the voice at the Denver
Center of the Performing Arts have trained other speech therapists around the
country and the LSVT is thus fairly widely available.  By contrast, the
collagen injection technique is practised by one doctor in the LA area, only,
and must be repeated every 5 or 6 weeks with additional injections.
        I would be glad to assist you in finding a speech therapist in your area who
has trained in the LSVT.

                                                                        Sincerely,

                                                                        Ellis A. Penny, M.D.