Well folks,  I have to admit that it's been one hell of a week.  Actually
it's been one hell of a life but out of deference to those who think there
is to much of everything on the list I'll confine myself to just the events
of the last 7 days.

To start with, I made a major error of judgement.  I bought a new computer
the day before the whole country closed down for 3 days for ANZAC day (you
know - ANZAC day - Australia, New Zealand, Gallipolli and all that - you
don't - - - oh). ANZAC day usually only lasts 1 day but this year it
.......... but that's another story.  Anyway, as I was saying here I am with
a new computer, cables everywhere, and plan of how to get 2 computers, 2
printers, a modem, and a scanner to work together in the happy harmony that
the man in the shop assured me was but a boot-up away, when suddenly I find
that 1/2 my cables won't reach the minitower especially chosen to give me
more deskspace. "No problem" says I, "I shall just go down to the store and
get some longer ones" - oh dear - the store is closed for the long week-end.
AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH" says I. "AAAAAAGGGGGHHH" says my wife "What about my
assignment due on Tuesday"  The week-end blurs. Suffice to say that
necessity is the mother of invention.

Well as someone once said "This too will pass" and the opening of the shops
found me bright eyed and bushy tailed and through the doors almost before
the staff.  Happiness is having so many cables you can say "I don't need
this one".  Now all that stood between me and perfection was this silly
habit I have of going "off" just as I approach a parallel port.
Perserverence - thy name is Parkie!

So, eventually, there I am, all cabled up. In fact you could almost say
"back in control" - if it wasn't for the client on the help desk I run who
has crashed her system, and if it wasn't for the small matter of having my
meds schedule upset by having to stay "off" for my 12 mnth post pallidotomy
brain scan, and if it wasn't for the fact that the only application I'm
having trouble transfering is my HTML editor, which is a worry because next
week I'm going to need it to work on a website I have agreed to do.  Not to
mention finally being able to complete my webring application and by so
doing get Jerry to see me in a more positive light.

Then I'm going to take a day or two to re-acquaint myself with that funny
blue, green, people filled thing which for better or worse I am still very
much a part of. And maybe while I'm there I'll do some fine tuning of my
sense of proportion. Anyone who cares to join me is welcome.

Dennis

Dennis Greene  48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/