     My husband (62) has PD and has little strength in his arms and legs.
     We recently tried to get a power lift chair through my insurance
     company (CIGNA) - but no luck. They say PD is not a disease that
     requires the use of such a chair.  As my husband is home alone during
     the day, he can get stranded in his current chair.  Has anyone had any
     success in persuading the insurance company to either purchase the
     equipment or pay a portion?  Is there any sort of market for used
     equipment such as this?