Barb,

I concur with your notion re the difficulty of keeping up with Lee Silverman
therapy, due to other life issues that get in the way (like working a full-
time job, etc.).  It is essential to keep practicing it to have any long-term
benefit, in my experience.  I did a great job with it when I took the course
last summer (at Beth Israel Hospital, in Boston); and yet I had let go of the
daily practicing by mid-fall, and my voice has deteriorated significantly
since.

Now, as I have just gone on short-term disability to work on a batch of health
issues, I'm going back to the Lee Silverman books and exercises and intend to
restore myself to last Summer's levels, if I can, and then, indeed, to sustain
it.  It'll take major discipline for me to succeed; but the loss of voice
(plus the remembrance of successes past) is a great motivator!

John Bachman