Hi There:

My wife, Patricia and I also got the same runaround from our retiree insurance
plan for both lift-chairs and a stair-glide. Luckily my sister in Pittsburgh
had two stair-glide units that my mother used in their home before her passing
in 1986. With the help of some kind friends we installed one in our place and
it has enabled us to continue living in a 2 story home while planning to build
a ranch (one-story) home elsewhere soon.

Anyway. Patt found a used lift-chair advertised in our local paper The
Columbus Dispatch under "Medical Equipment". It had been custom made for a
young man's father and we ended up buying it for $350--a new one we bought
earlier was nearly $800 and not as long, nor as high in the back.

Hope this helps. Please e-mail Patt or I if we can provide more info that
might be useful.

Good luck.

Duane Yothers