> For any of you successfully taking  Mirapex, would you please tell me what
> the ultimate dosage, or       the one that works for you, is supposed to be?
> I just started.
> Thanks!!
> Bruce Anderson (52, 3+)
> Schooley's Mtn, NJ

Hi ! I'm note sure there is a ideal dosage for everyone ...

My dad started on Mirapex last fall - he managed to increase to 0.5mg 3x a day
for a total of 1.5mg/day. He was doing ok ... he managed to eliminate
Sinemet altogether ... and constipation was gone (SInemet made him SICK !).

But his N insisted that he HAD to be a 1mg -3x a day for a total of 3mg/day.
Well he could never get higher than the 1.5 without being dizzy. Our GP
said it was orthostatic hypotension - a common side effect from Mirapex.

I think a # here had there blood pressure drop way low from it.

Since he couldn't go higher the N took him off it and started him on
Requip. What a nightmare ! Between the going off and the LONG time building
back up its been 2.5 months and I don't think he's walking as good as when
he was on the low dose of Mirapex. But he's still trying to increase the
Requip - cause the going off process to switch back would do us ALL in !

I'm giving it another month - he increases his dose again today ... if
nothing improves we're finding a new neuro !

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to all of you that send private
messages - this is a work account and I have trouble access it from home

thanks for the support though !

donna

-                  Donna Bassolino-Klimas,  Ph.D.
                   Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma. Res. Inst.
                   Department of Macromolecular Structure
                   P.O. Box 4000    Room H3812
                   Princeton, N.J.  08543 4000