Since there was a recent question about essential tremor, and it is often
confused with PD, I think this brief quote from  our local hospital's
Health News may be of interest:

" Essential tremor (ET) is an involuntary trembling of unknown brain origin
of the hands, head, face, or voice, especially during routine voluntary
body movements" ( PD is chararcterized by a *resting* tremor, of course.)
"The condition may become more pronounced over time and may be aggravated
by stress or stimulants such as caffeine. Essential, meaning of unknown
cause, tremor affects as many as 5 million Americans, most of them age 60
or older....and consists of only one symptom--the tremors themselves.
UNLIKE PARKINSON'S DISEASE...ET DOES NOT CAUSE RIGID LIMBS AND FACIAL
MUSCLES,DIFFICULTY WALKING,AND OTHER SYMPTOMS.  While the tremors may cause
a person to feel embarrassed or make certain activities difficult, they are
not a sign of a more serious physical or mental illness...For many people,
ET is a mild irritation, and requires no treatment--avoidance of stressful
situations or stimulanmts may be all that is necessary. However, if tremors
interfere with your lifestyle, sometimes they can be successfully treated
with prescription medicines or surgery."

(I guess, if "given our druthers" we'd choose ET over PD in a minute!

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *