Yes, indeed, Lori-- in many cases,PD makes the voice softer and less
distinct. There is even a special voice therapy ("Lee Silverman...") for
PWPs.  If you access the list archives on the web you can check out this,
and everything else ever posted!   I sent the info re: the archives on
4-1-98-- let me know if you don't have it.

>Does PD effect the voice?  My mother's voice is changing and I
>wondered if anyone else is/has experiencing(ed) the same symptom.
>
>Lori
>
>P.S. Thanks for all the write backs--it really helps me to understand
>what my Mom is going through with your comments.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *