Speaking 'bout the Pope and PD, I seem to recall a oh-so-brief statement put
out by the Vatican (and don't quote me on this one, folks, 'cause I'm not 100%
positive) a few years ago stating that the Pope does have PD.  And by "brief,"
it was about a sentence or two long.

Norm, I can't help but believe you're right about all those who'd benefit from
a public confirmation by the Vatican of His Holiness having Parkinson's.  He's
missing a big chance to perhaps bring a sense of acceptance and peace to many
people who trust him and look to him for guidance.

Oh well.... each individual - Pope or not - has to come to grips with PD in
their own way.

One thing I'd REALLY like to know 'bout the Pope, tho... Where the heck does
he get the energy to keep up the grueling pace he exhibits when he's paying a
visit to a foreign country???   Jiminay!  He's on the go for DAYS!!!  I know *
I * sure don' have THAT kinda energy and I'm a HECKUVA lot younger than HE is!
<grin>

Barb Mallut