> From:          Joao Paulo Carvalho <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:       The Blockade Hypothesis in PD

Hi Joao

> It is taking for granted that is the lack of dopamine in our brain that
> leads to the symptons of  PD.
>
> If this were true it is hard to understand how Pallidotomy or DBS(Deep
> Brain Stimulation) and other surgical methods can relieve the PD
> patients from their symptoms since through these methods do not cause a
> general increase in the production of dopamine in the brain.

Great introduction .  I agree entirely . This led me to reject the PD
= lack of dopamine theory . Emotionaly I dont like an attitude of the
medical profesion that says they know what is wrong with me but cant
cure me . Proof of the cake is in the eating . When someone really
understands PD it will be cured .

> I am guided to the suspect that the cause may have similiraties as what
> happens with the hearth when it has his main arterie partially BLOCKADE
> and this leads to those symptoms known to people that have these
> hearth's problems.Like as in the case of PD drugs and surgical
> procedures may help in giving relief to the symptoms.
>
> In both cases the surgical procedures try to eliminate the blockade
> while the drugs try to find ways to make easier or force the passage of
> the flux (of transmiters or of blood) through it.
>
> In both cases the (surgical)elimination of the blockade in a given point
> it is not a guarantee that it will not happens again in the future in
> another point depending of each particular case that each patient
> represents.

You are suggesting that blood flow restrictions in the brain are the
cause of its malfunction in PD I believe . This however leaves
unexplained why the malfunctions whatever their cause (tumor
hydrocephalus virus chemical poisoning and of course degenaration of
the dopamine producing cells ) all seem to produce similar mental
disfunction ( PD symptoms ) . Can I suggest that you try to prove
your theory by trying ways of altering/improving bllod flow in the
brain and see if they affect PD symptoms . Gingo Gilboa ( I think it
is spelt this way ) springs to mind .  There are probably many others
.   I hope you try to show your theory works practicaly . I would be
very interested in the results .I am at present engaged in this
process with my theory .

> --
>    +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
>    +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+