VOLUME TO HONOR MARTIN STEVENS: TABULA GRATULATORIA

_The Performance of Middle English Culture: Essays on Chaucer and the
Drama in Honor of Martin Stevens_, ed. James J. Paxson, Lawrence M.
Clopper, and Sylvia Tomasch.  Woodbridge: Boydell and Brewer, 1998.

 Earlier we may have sent to you an offer for a discount on this
volume honoring Martin Stevens that also would add your name to a
tabula gratulatoria.  The response was less than we expected perhaps
because the flyers sent ot us by the publisher were not of the quality
they should have been.  We would like to invite friends, colleagues
and students of Martin Stevens to honor him by including their names
on the tabula.

 Details: The volume includes commissioned essays by colleagues and
friends: Kathleen Ashley, Richard Emmerson, Marlene Clark, Sharon
Kraus and Pamela Sheingorn, Seth Lerer, John Ganim, Alfred David,
Richard Daniels, Warren Ginsberg, Robert Hanning, Peter Travis and
William McClellan.  Contributor were asked to respond to certain
topics and issues, and the editors responded to each essay before
asking for final copy.  These are a well integrated set of papers.

 The volume on publication will be offered at $81, but those who
wish to have their names in the tabula may reserve a copy at $50.  The
volume is in proof stage, so it is important that we get as many names
as possible as early as possible.  If you would like to include your
name, please e-mail me immediately ([log in to unmask]).  I will then
send you an order form.

 Please pass this information along to friends and colleagues.

        Larry Clopper