During the past week, I got a notification that one of the getting information from the drug database messages was sent. I also got several manual requests for information.

The information in that message is obsolete. I have posted all of the drugs on the web so that I could take vacations and be relieved of having to send the drug information manually.

The information for Requip, Mirapex and Tasmar is current for those taking those drugs or contemplating it. At the bottom of every page is the opportunity to go to the next page. On my pages don't assume the first page of anything is all there is to it...look for the underlined words and click on them.

The address to the Parkinsn List Drug DataBase is:

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/drugdb/drugdb.html

On the Parkinsn's Archive Treasures page are links to all of the features. The following is what is on the page at:

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html

The Parkinsn Archive Treasures

The Parkinsn List Drug Database The Parkinsn List Drug Database lists over 140 drugs that Parkinson's patients might encounter. The reports on each drug detail the side effects and contraindications of each compound. Drugs that the Parkinson's patient should not be given post-operatively, which could exacerbate the Parkinson's, are also detailed. Mirapex, Requip and Tasmar have additional information that is found on the drug inserts but is in the size you can read.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/drugdb/drugdb.html

The Parkinsn Current Topics Archive Treasures The Parkinsn Current Topics Archive Treasures is where to find the articles and studies on Parkinson's that answer the questions you might have. These are the articles previously available by email. You can read them online and print them if you wish.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/ct.html

Algorithm for the Management of Parkinson's Disease The Algorithm outlines the current treatment philosophy for Parkinson's, dividing the condition into two age groups, those under 60 and those over 60. Strategies for overcoming drug induced side effects excaserbated by polypharmacy are also given. There is an updated version available elsewhere but this one is easy to read. Each page has a link at the bottom to go to the next page.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/alg01.html

The Indexed Caregiver's Handbook Online The Caregiver's Handbook was previously available only by email. It is now online and the Table of Contents on page 2 is indexed allowing the patient or caregiver to directly access the part of the handbook they desire. Page 2 is the index, allowing you to go directly to the section you have an interest in at a particular time.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/cg02.html

Demystifying the Neurological Exam for Parkinson's by Dr. Rick Stell Dr. Rick Stell at the Parkinson's Conference in Western Australia gave a detailed talk on what the various parts of the neurological examination mean, in the terms of diagnosing, or not diagnosing Parkinson's disease. This talk was long overdue to the Parkinson's community. This could be used in medical school to enlighten the new neuros that verbalizing what they are doing will help the patient understand what is being done...when.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/neuro2.html

Management of Drug Induced Psychosis in Parkinson's Disease: A Kingston Centre Approach by Dr Robert Iansek Dr. Robert Iansek at the Parkinson's Conference in Western Australia gave a talk on the multidisciplinary approach to treating drug induced psychosis in Parkinson's, that is practiced in his clinic in Melbourne Victoria Australia. Drug induced psychosis is a fine line between yes and no. This explores the management of that fine line.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/neuro3.html

Parkinsonology: Dosage Strategies for Controlling Symptoms by Dr. Mark Stacy Dr. Mark Stacy gave this talk at a symposium on Nov. 2-3, 1996 in Rancho Mirage, CA, sponsored by the Neurosciences Institute that is affiliated with the Good Samaritan Hospital at Los Angeles, CA. Our thanks to Carole Hilton for for sharing this important talk with the Parkinsn List. Mid term Parkinson's offers the introduction of the "ON-OFF" phenomena. Dr Stacy give three dosing strategies for increasing "ON" time. Print it for reference..when.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/neuro4.html

The new adventures of Homeboy start the 2nd of June in Somewhere, Australia. I've been working diligently to get the web pages set so that they can run on automatic while I am away. By entering the words homeboy liz and allan on any search engine will reveal last years adventures.

And for those who follow my private escapades...the Filipino/Australia pages now have an end...:)

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/index.html

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Search the Parkinsn List Drug Database on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/index.html
John Cottingham