Well, here I am at 3:30 AM and wide awake.
I have not had one of these mornings in a while.
While I'm up I guess I'll give vent to an aggravation.
I read with growing fear about the idea that Parkinsons
was going to change me from the lovable, friendly person that
I am to a raving, self-centered, blank faced husk that nobody
in their right mind would want to have anything to do with.
I voiced my fears to the love of my life (Kristen) and asked her if I'd
changed.
She smiled at me and we launched into one of those long deep discussions

that have helped us through so many of our problems.
Kristen's analysis is that parkinsons does not change a person's
personality,
it enhances it. That is, at any particular moment, PD emphasizes that
portion of my personality that happens to be dominant. If I happen to be
feeling selfish, I really project
selfish. If I'm happy then I'm happy in the extreme.  Kristen's opinion
is that if somebody
is not paying close attention to what a person is like before PD takes
hold,  the PWP will
appear to experience a personality change when in fact the different
aspects of a normal
personality are being exaggerated.
Now Kristen is not a doctor, but after thinking about this for a while,
I agree with her.
This view of how PD effects personality may not be scientific, but it
lets me push aside the
idea that something is going to change me into someone I don't want to
become.

A incredibly stubborn and somewhat independent,
Marvin Giles