At age 62, I applire for regular retirement from Soc. Sec. I then applied for
disability status because of my Parkinson's. I told them at the onset that I
would still be working on a parttime basis, slowly, but necessarily for about
two years, transferring my clientele for  continuity of services. I told them
I was still playing golf and tennis on a reduced basis as suggested stronglly
by my neuroligical and other  medical resources.

The whole cycle took about 6 months-- first the award of my requested age 62
pension and then the award of the disability pension.I had no problems--just
took a couple of "shrink" tests and an exam by their "doc".

Good luck!!