Before my retirement at age 62 in  1995, I devoted 30 years of providing
professional life and health services and products, on a corporate as well as
an individual basis to the people in my community. As a CLU and a ChFc, it was
just a part of my job to handle questions  and problems, such the ones you
have outlined.

If someone told me today that I could buy LTD or LTC, I wouldn't even waste my
time, and I know I could buy life insurance

 Your agent said 7 weeks to underwrite?? Any company would love to use your
money free for a couple of months "underwriting".--when they say no, will  you
get any interest on your money? Are they?   And if they say "maybe" or
"yes':,----subject to ....etc, I would spend a long time reading the fine
print. Health Insurance companies do not buy claims-- and that is what they
would be doing.

Why on earth you would be concerned about releasing the name of the Company
totally escapes me,  unless you are ashamed about applying with a poorly rated
company (and you should be).  I am sure the Company wouldn't mind free
publicity and would like to to release their name.  Who knows -it might help
the decision making!!

--I really am curious as to your reasoning. And to the outcome.