Jerry' I had some thoughts about what you wrote to the list:

"There is a part of setting up WebRings that I don't like -
having to turn folks and their websites away."

(( Jerry, I can see some positive in this...read on.))

"That's what the sites who are part of the PWP WebRing
represent: knowledge about PD and/or personal experience
stories."  ((We agree here...))

"As much as I would love to link up personal
websites of all the people on this list, unless you have
something PD related it won't help the goal of the WebRing."

((Jerry, this policy might result in Parkinson's being mentioned
even more and in unexpected places!..and that's helping to
'get the word out'...))

"Your websites are wonderful, I love the pictures, but when
they land on your site and never even see the word" -

((my, my this might result in more than Janet Reno, the Pope,
and Billy Graham might  "come out of the closet" so that their
site can join the ring!!!))

"We need to make it strong, we need to make it
represent our story, we need it to show the face of PD."

((I loved the photo site idea...I'm busting to put faces on all those
list members who's lives/stories I've been following this past year.
Now if we just(Art) knew someone (Art) who had some pictures (Art) and
the knowhow to(Art) put them into an (Art) Home Page on the Parkinson
Webring...my dream would come true (Art)  ))  :-)

"A person who worked very hard on the Udall situation told me
about this apathy. I didn't believe her then. I don't
believe it now..."

((I think alot of people are mulling this over...and need a nudge.
Of the 12 who origionally wanted to come on board...we need to encourage
the 7 who have not taken the step yet, and find out what they need to
get that first step taken. Some are having to think/start from scratch
and don't have a clue how to start. I think there are many out there at
many different levels of readiness. I'd like to encourage them to 'think
out loud' to the list, to Jerry, to someone who will help them channel
their efforts/ideas/questions.))

"You don't know me and I don't know you, either."

((I beg to differ with you bro...through your words...through your
webpage, through your generosity and passion...I'm getting to know you
very well...but I couldn't find a photo of you on your web page!))

"Tell it like you see it - tell it from the heart."
"I can't express how excited I am about all this. My mind is going wild
thinking of all the power we are tapping into - the stories, the
emotions - and how that can be directed to help so many others, how it
can be focused to make Congress listen."

((I'm getting to know you very well indeed...))

My personal thanks to Jerry ('the Fast Flying Finch' as Janet Paterson
calls him) and to everyone who has joined in this effort,

Gail Vass (the sister of a PWP)