Barb wrote:

In a recent group discussion, Dr. Robert Iacono commented that his research
> indicates that those Parkies whose primary PD symptoms are "type B"
> Parkinson's --- the bradykenesic stiff-as-a-board-type-PD --- DID seem to
get
> the disease because of some major shock to the system.  He didn't rule
out
> EMOTIONAL shock such as death of a spouse or surviving a hurricane or
tornado,
> either

For the record, my mother's (Joyce, 68/1 year) symptoms appeared right
after she was laid off without warning from a job where she had been for
about 15 years. She was in a state of shock for days after being told.

Debbie White