Update on the PWP WebRing. As of 11:30 CDT we have 7 members
in the Ring. This weekend, about 20 people said they are
going to work on getting their information together for
their website. That leaves 1,573 members of the Exchange
list who have personal stories that we need to hear. I'll be
submitting the Ring to the search engines and directories
this afternoon.

Now here's something exciting:

Jane Koenig <[log in to unmask]> said:
"Secondly, here's an idea for a site that could be useful.
How about
gathering together all the information about contacting
congressmen, etc.
to get the Udall bill funding released?  This might include:

        Sample and actual letters
        Text of the testimonies
        Lists and contact information for congressmen and
senators
        Information on which congressmen/senators signed the
original bill
and which ones sit on the appropriations committees
        The President's remarks when he signed the bill
(along with
follow-up comments on the validity of some of his
statements)
        Barb Brock's efforts at preparing petitions
        Other suggestions for increasing public awareness of
PD
The site might also be a good place to maintain the various
proclamations
that were issued about Parkinson's Awareness Day."

Excellent idea! And we can do this! (Although I would not be
opposed to a little help, such as gathering the material and
sending it to me.)

I am going to the site right now and start setting up the
Udall section. Anyone and everyone that would like to email
items to me to include, fire away. Let's get this up, with
links and footnotes and everything else we can think of.

--
Jerry Finch
The Official PWP Dumpster Gang Hideout