From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Gordon Seese
Sent:   Thursday, April 30, 1998 4:32 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: ALL PALLIDOTOMIES ARE NOT EQUAL

        I think it is fine that you are a supporter of Dr. Iocona's work, but
will never understand a bi-lateral Pallidotomomy--how can you do two things
at once??
        I did some math based on 50 weeks ina year--I gave the team two weeks
off,if you do 2 surgeries 2 days, that is four a week for 200 a year.
Fitting in one extra comes out to 250.
        What with all the pre-op, post-op, etc I can't see how any surgeon can
do
more. Gordon started at 7 a.m. they found me in the waiting room around
noon and I presume while i saw Gord around 1 p.m. eating his lunch in the
ICU the team was off to their second round of the day.
        We all need to have faith in our surgeon but it bothers me to hear all
this criticism of others..Thea Lou Seese CG Gordon 70/21