We are very pleased with the Merck-Medco mail order RX service, which is
available through our insurance (Aetne).  They are very available to answer
questions. Several times I've checked with their pharmacists, because they
have a complete list of Peter's meds, and can tell us if a newly prescribed
one will cause a problem. The price can't be beat!  In our system, generics
are FREE, brand names for which there is no generic are $2.00, and one can
get an Rx for 3 months at a time.  The operators are very courteous, and
always ask, "Do you need anything else?" when I call--renewals can be done
by phone, BTW.   On the whole, I would say it's a "class act", and a real
break for the pocketbook!  (We can get RX filled locally for a maximum of
$4.50 generic, $9.00 brand name, if we need a new one in a hurry.) Great
deal!

>Our insurance company has an rx option through Merck-Medco of Las Vegas, NM
>that should reduce our presciption drugs, if ordered 3 months at a time by
>2/3 to 3/4 of what we are now paying.  Has anyone on the list ever used
>this RX mail order service?  I'd just like comments about your
>satisfaction/dissatisfaction with getting meds this way rather than through
>your local pharmacy.  I'm from Missouri, the Show Me State, and I'd like to
>know what list members have experienced.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeanette 47/6mo.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/9
  Oxford, OH