To         : Deborah Bailey
=46rom    : Will A. Kuipers

Subj.    : Colour Vision

Deborah,

Not having collected data on the subject, I believe I can still state wit=
some certainty,
that there is no connection between colour vision and PD.
It has historically been established that any feature or defect of colour=

vision is
passed on to younger generations through genes and in particular is passe=
on
through the mothers. There is a tenuous indication that the same can be
said for PD,
but this is by far not as established as colour vision. At best it would =
be
a statistical
possibility to develop PD.
I was not born with PD, but developed it when I was 70.
My particular colour vision defect is a switch in dominance of red, like
normal people,
to green. It is in practice only a minor problem but will disqualify one
for training to be
a military pilot, as I discovered when I was 19 years of age.

I will be interested to see if there are any similar reactions to your
post.

Will