Dear Barb:
I had a pallidotomy at USC in July of last year. Immediately after and for the
next 5 days, I was dancing- I felt light and agile, the best I've felt in 10
years. Then I began to notice my tremors coming back on my right side  (I had
a left pallidotomy) and
my agility gradually decreased. However, the rigidity on my right side
continues to be  about 20% of what it was pre-op with virtually no
cogwheeling. But for those five glorious days, it seemed as though all the
neural pathways that govern movement, that pattern behavior, that allow
automatic action and response, were up and functioning. I guess it's
reassuring to know that the old circuits are still there...if  I could just
get some "juice" in them.
Best regards,
Marion