Nightline was about a married couple of brain surgeons--she placed an
electrode in the brain of a young woman with severe dystonia--with good
results immediately post-op. She is the only surgeon in the US to do this
op fior dystonia, and this was onlt her 2nd time doing it!  He removed an
abnormal cluster of vein from the brain of a teenager, to stop her
seizures--also successfully.  The only mention of PD was that the woman had
once done an op for pd--didn't say what, but probably  similar to the one
shown.  The focus was on the incredibly complex lives of the couple and
their family.  (We always tape Nightline, and watch it over breakfast, as
they have some very good programs.)

>I just heard that ABC' Nightline show tonight will be on brain surgery.
>
>Pallidotomy?  Thalomotomy?  DBS?  Something else?
>
>Haven't checked.
SNIPPED

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH