Hi Alastair,

Alastair Wyse wrote:

>   Sorry I misunderstood you . I have never heard this idea before
> that there might be some sort of blockage in the transport of the dopamine
> from the cells that are producing the dopamine to the brain cells that
> are using the dopamine to pass electrical messages .
>   This idea has at least two merits .
>    1)   Bradyskinesia is explained . When there was a big demand for
> dopamine the blockage would cause a progresive depletion of dopamine
> at the nerve cell end of the transport system .
>   2) Dopamine producing cells would die off because there would be an
> apparent supplus of dopamine around the dopamine producing cells .
>    However before we can progress with this idea one has to establish
> the method of dopamine transport and the reason for the
> blockage/restriction . The normal view is that the dopamine
> transports from producing cells to nerve cells by simple diffusion .
> It is difficult to imagine a blockage in this system . But  I will
> gladly consider other suggestions  .
>    The next thing to consider is the action of L-dopa on the dopamine
> blockage . Presumably L-dopa would increase the dopamine production
> putting more pressure on the blockage/restriction and at some point
> thr blockage/restriction fails producing the characteristic sudden off-on
> effect . As the dopamine production drops the blockage reasserts
> itself producing the sudden on-off effect .
>     Until we get a cure for PD it is important to look and test any
> idea . This idea has merits but it is too imprecise in its description
> of the method of dopamine transportation and blockage for me to propose any
> method by which this idea could be tested . All modifications and
> improvements to the above please post .

You are quite right.The right theory should come as scientist understand better the
chemical-eletrical-organic phenomena as they exist.
Remember there was any good explanation for blood circulation in human body until in
the century XVII when the humanity learnt  the rules and  the laws of  physics and
hydraulic.

The actual researches in the use of organic cells to be used in micro
chips(processors) for computers certainly may help in the above mentioned direction.
The progress in the study of  animals able to produce light and electrical
discharges such as some fishes and insects may contribute to the same end.

Love and Peace,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+