^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman      48/11                 [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses    50     deg. F
Dear Friends,

    Just a note to say that I am very, very tired, after a six long
winter months of work for Parkinson's Awareness.  So I have been writing
very little computer mail; however I am here if you need me, or  you can
phone me if you want to talk.
    My aunt in Rhode Island has "Udall Fever," and is trying to get an
appointment with U.S. Senator Reed, who is on the Appropriations
Committee in Washington, about the Udall Bill. She is a humble lady, and
I amazed at how moved she is.  And very grateful to her.

   Meanwhile,  I am anxiously awaiting a response from South Africa about
finishing my Ph.D. degree.   I had completed 249 pages when I stopped 15
years ago.  My thesis is in Anatomy, and describes and compares many
Ethiopian,  Kenyan, Tanzanian and South African fossil bones of
3-million year old human ancestors.  It includes the famous skeleton,
"Lucy," among other "ancestors."

   This summer, besides growing flowers and getting outdoors, I need a
change of direction for a while.  So I don't expect to be posting very
much.

    I am already trying to get out into the gardens every day, because
Maine's spring and summer are too short. Hopefully, after this awful
monsoon ends-we've had 8 sunless, rainsoaked days in a row here- I'll
feel more energetic.

  Greg Leeman and Karen Bardo and I have formed a young-onset Parkinson's
support group,
so I am not totally isolated. The April 6 TV show that Karen and I did is
being copied now, and a very limited supply will be available soon.  This
tape will have no commercials, and all the questions from the listening
audience were on the subject of Parkinson's, especially, caregiving, and
coping with symptoms.

  Thanks again for your many good wishes, that have kept me going all
winter!  I hate having to live with PD.  Your presence makes my life so
much more bearable.

 Very Sincerely,

 Ivan Suzman