hello all,
        There have been a few letters on the troubles of getting
approvalfor SSI Disability.The need of a lawyer might be necessary but a
little footwork of your own will help out more. i talked to three lawyers
and they wouldn't even talk to me until I was rejected two times. After I
signed up with the feds they told me what info I had to supply. One thing
was I had to list the names of every doctor I  had seen in the past year.
They had to fill out a special form.Then state social Service Department
contacted me by letter . The  social worker gave me her work phone number.
After three weeks I called her up to see if the doctors returned the
form. I had seven doctors  three didn't return the letter to her. two weeks
later I called again my Neuro still hadn't returned the form. I then called
the neuro's office and gave him the message that I needed that letter and
that it was important to me. I was honest and truthful through out the
whole processs. I got my disability on the first try. Thanks to the lawyers
I saved myself a few bucks

Howard