Bailey wrote:

> Does anyone know whether colour vision problems can be associated with
> Parkinson's itself or if it is possibly caused by the drugs alone.
> I've not had much luck finding out.

Yep, here are two library references;
Neurology 1995;45:386-687  and  Brain 1995;118:771-778.
The gist is that PWP lose some color discrimination, often before onset
of movement symptoms, so it is an early-warning diagnostic tool. I'll
send my reviews (off-list) if you want. Also, a couple of years ago in
a discussion on this forum, several PWP reported that wearing blue
glasses seemed to help their freezing and other walking problems.
Cheers,
Joe

--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694