Dear Fellow List Members:

This is the second of 3 letters which I have composed for you or anyone you
know who would be interested in writing their elected representatives.  As
I've said, as we've all said over and over again, we must get Udall out of
committee and into the research we need where it belongs.

Please feel free to customize it to your liking and add that emotional element
which is lacking.

Best wishes.

Barb Brock 53 cg Art 56/1 year  See 2nd letter below.

While the Morris Udall Act for Parkinson's Research and Education is being
held hostage by the Appropriations Committee, the Baby Boomers are aging and
within only a few years, our current costs (counting direct and indirect
costs) of $25 Billion a year will have doubled or perhaps even trebled as more
and more people are affected.  As a taxpayer and citizen, I am aghast that we
would allow this to happen when appropriating the $100 Million approved by
lawmakers in the fall of 1997 annually could bring about effective treatments
and perhaps even a cure for this horrendous disease which robs young and old
of their ability to move.  What is wrong with a society that would spend
almost $268 Billion for the Pentagon to defend it when its real enemies are
laying in wait inside the bodies and brains of its citizenry?

I am counting on you to use all of your influence to get this Act fully
funded.  It was approved in the fall of 1997 and is now just waiting to be
fully funded.  Let your legacy be defense, but defense of the right thing!

Release our tax dollars for this truly noble cause.

I look forward to hearing from you personally regarding this matter.