(From: Janet Cornwell) - Dissident/Heretic/Nonconformist/
                         Skeptic/ & just generally L'il Miss
                         Contrariness -

(For those who don't know me - all my posts are on the same theme,
the main points being: (1) I believe PD patients brain cells are
inactive
rather than dead (2) The cause of my brain cells inactivity is
reduced blood supply to the brain due to neck muscle spasm compressing
carotid arteries, which neck muscle spasm is caused by histamine, which
I have bushels of because of severe allergies, therefore the
connection between allergies & PD/MSA. I regularly post supporting
evidence that I find.  If you want my reasons up to now, they're in
archives, or I can send it to you.) One main reason is that when
I was on an eight week drug "holiday?" because of pregnancy I
found out I could make all my PD symptoms go away for a short time
by massaging my neck muscles a long time with a hand held heat/massager,
but there are MANY more reasons than that.)

Also, as Don's neuro said, the "cause" wouldn't make much difference
to us if our brain cells were already dead, but if our brain cells
are only "inactive" as some of us believe, then the "cause" is
extremely relevant.  Plus the "cause" that I think it is for myself
and many others hopefully has the advantage  that it is so simple
about  anybody can satisfy themselves fairly easily whether it is
true or not for them.

As I said I do NOT believe the traditional DEAD BRAIN theory,
(which BTW seems to  be steadily losing popularity & credibility
thankfully.) May it soon R.I.P.

Mr. Bruman says that many researchers now say the brain cells
are not actually dead, but just "inactive". I happen to think it is an
IMPORTANT DISTINCTION to know which it is - especially if it is MY brain
you are talking about.  I tend to feel that it is much easier
to get something INACTIVE going than something that is DEAD.
And therefore is a tremendously more hopeful situation for us.
That's why I post all the evidence I can find.

(I realize in some people the difference is a FINE LINE (Ken B.), but I
still think it is important. (... just keep checking for that faint
pulse,...some sign of life...)

Which brings me to a fine point of detail in Dr. Iacono's remarks
about SPECT scans on  his website (www.pallidotomy.com) that
I referred to in my last post.  He says that PD patients show a
reduced blood supply to the brain and that when the blood
supply is restored the PD symptoms go away. (Which is what I've
said happens in my case all along for a number of reasons),
anyway, then, that being true, what about the supposed "DEAD" brain
cells?  He uses terms like "rededication" ( Baptist?)
and "dormant", but if they are truly DEAD, the correct term must
be RESURRECTION, which, in most people's book would come under
the heading of "MIRACLE", or I guess some might say "PHENOMENON"
or  apparition or spook or haint, ANYWAY, something SUPERNATURAL.
At any rate the way these brain cells come & go is highly IRREGULAR if
you ask me. (I KNOW, nobody  did. . . .jus' thought I'd throw it in
anyhow). And if you think some other cells are pinch hitting for them,
they sure had some fast on-the-job-training and caught on QUICK.

I wanted to point out some evidences that would support my belief
which have been showing up on the list recently:
(1) Immunosuppressant drugs as therapy for PD.
(2) Reported connection between celiac (gluten intolerance)
 & PD/SDS/MSA
(3) A  report on the Shy-Drager list about gamma globulin being
used to treat neurological problems, and patients not needing
their wheelchairs after treatment. (This was at a hospital in
Florida - probably Boca Raton, but I'm not certain).
Can someone check it out?

To Be Continued
Baby Beckons

ComingNext:
More evidence re: allergies/histamine/anaphylaxis/ = PD/MSA

TTFN,
J. Cornwell  ( [log in to unmask] )

Also, may I briefly express my thanks to Barbara Patterson and
those many, many people who brought about the internet, and any others
who contributed in some way to give a small voice to regular people like
me who might not otherwise have any.  And also to those on this list &
others who have  graciously listened to and gave consideration to even
the small voices of everyday people. It is sincerely appreciated.

JC