Avrom,

My dad was recently diagnosed at age 74, but had been showing symptoms for a
long time before that. He has suffered from chronic muscular aches and
stiffness for most of his adult life. He also has allergies and chemical
sensitivies, which have worsened in recent years. He has been complaining of
headaches and balance/nausea problems since Christmas, and the fingers of
his left hand are very stiff.

I too have chronic muscle pain and stiff hard muscles, especially in the
forearm and calf. I also have serious allergies and asthma, vestibular
problems and have had a couple of bad cases of vertigo.

It isn't clear to me that these symptoms need to occur together, and it may
be coincidental that you have them in your family too. Certainly, I have
learned the hard way that the autoimmune problems associated with allergies
can cause a very diverse set of symptoms, including muscle spasms and
headaches, which I have had since childhood.

But it would be interesting if there is a genetic pattern here that links
these disorders with parkinsonism, wouldn't it?

By the way, there is also ADHD (hyperactivity) in his family.

Shelley