In a message dated 5/11/98 11:18:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Someone did here once questioned whether he was an appropriate spokesman
for
 us.  The consensus, though not universal, was that he was, as I recall.
 Seemed to be a fair discussion.

In the last 12 months I have been in attendance when the great one appeared to
help raise funds for PD research.

Next Monday, May 18th he is appearing at the invitation of Jim Cordy and the
NPF at a fund raiser in Pittsburgh. The object is also to have Mohammed
personally speak to Senator Porter a key link in the appropriation chain. Jim
estimates that base on sales last week he has the potential to raise in excess
of $100,000 as a result of Ali's appearance.

If you are in Pittsburgh this weekend come and join the party.  Over 700
tickets have been sold to the brunch on Monday alone at $150.00 per ticket or
more and photo opportunities for additional funds will be available. M. Ali
has funded his own research center and donates proceeds of his clothing line
to PD Causes.  If we all raised as much money for research as M. Ali we
wouldn't need government supported research.

From my point of view he has done his part and then some for all of us with
PD.
He can be my spokesman any time

Dale Severance