 No one on this List that I've seen
 has ever questioned Ali's integrity or commitment.

Nor do I.

My comment about the "brave boys don't bleed" (BBDB) syndrome should not be
construed to be critical of Mr. Ali.

 I merely pointed out that many "well meaning" normal folks substitute
marveling at someone's "courage" for listening to their words.  I was outraged
when the pundits listening to Chris Reeve's speech at the Democratic National
Convention only remarked about his courage instead of his content.  His speech
called for research funding.

They have done this to Mr. Ali. as well.  I think this must make them feel
they have done something for the individual, without having to act on or react
to his message.  It is probably done instinctually, without malice, but the
results are the same--no action on his message.

Someone pointed out to me that this problem may yield to frequent repetition,
but it is still frustrating.

Regards,
WHH 54/18