Since there is a lot of activity about contacting Congress re: funding
for the Udall Bill, I thought I would pass on a few observations I
have made over the past few years living so close to the "seat of
power".

First of all, any written/faxed communications will be first read by a
staffer, not the MOC. In fact, chances are that the MOC will never see
your missive (although it will be tallied up in the "wants full
funding for Udall Bill" column of the MOC's daily/weekly briefing).

Now there is a chance that letters that grab the staffer's attention
might be passed on. To help ensure that, I  recommend the following
(not all inclusive) suggestions:

1.  One letter/one subject. Confine your letter to one specific
subject.

2.  KISS. Keep It Short and Simple. The main letter should not be more
than ONE page. Treat it as an Executive Summary. Succinctly state your
main points in the letter and put all the statistics in as
ATTACHMENTS.

3. 'Nuff said.

Bruce
56/9