Bruce Warr wrote:

>First of all, any written/faxed communications will be first read by a
>staffer, not the MOC. In fact, chances are that the MOC will never see
>your missive (although it will be tallied up in the "wants full
>funding for Udall Bill" column of the MOC's daily/weekly briefing).

I recently petitioned my Member of the Legeslative Assembly on a non PD
related matter.  I am well aware that she does not share my views on the
matter and will not vote my way -  but she still wants my vote come election
time, as witnessed by the beautifully ambiguous standard letter she replied
with.  It read:

" Thank you for your letter expressing your views on ___________.  I
appreciate you taking the time to write to me.

When Parliament resumes your views will be reflected in the debate.

With kind regards etc etc."

Now isn't that a lovely bit of political double speak?

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/