Clair wrote:
My husband " started on Tasmar eight weeks ago with good
results...... BUT last Saturday he had an allergic reaction that almost
did him in. He woke up with no airway through his mouth.  His uvula had
swelled to a point that he could not breathe through his mouth or talk
at all. He was terrified and felt at any moment his throat would
close.   I took him straight to the hospital where the swelling was
reduced with steroids, etc. and we went home after a couple of hours. We
first suspected insect bite, etc. but the drs. are concerned it might be
the Tasmar.  I am searching for ANY information from others who are on
it.  Can you help?   Of course we are hoping it is something else, but
what?

------------------------

Claire,

Sounds like an anaphylactic reaction to me. And unfortunately there can
be many things that could bring on this type of reaction to someone who
has a severe allergic or hypersensitive reaction to something he's come
in contact with. You mentioned he is a farmer.
I suggest you write down everything he ate and drank, everything he did,
where he had been, what across the counter drugs he may have
taken...document EVERYTHING the day of the incident that you both can
remember.

You said he had been on Tasmar for eight weeks when he had this
reaction...it 'could' be the Tasmar...but I don't think that's likely.
I think you need to keep looking and document as best you can all
circumstances surrounding that incident while still fresh in your
memory.

A concerned cyber sis,

Gail Vass, RN.