In honor of the National Day of Prayer, I thought we might all enjoy the
following.  I am sending it to both the CARE list and the PARKINSON list.
 We all have problems, but GOD is faithful!

From: [log in to unmask]
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
Subject: G@W - Thursday, May 7
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 21:23:18 -0500

"Letting God Know our Requests"

Philippians 4:6  "In everything, by prayer and petition, with
thanksgiving,
present your requests to God."

The heavenly storehouse is full of God's gifts and blessings.  This
overwhelming abundance would be ours if we would but storm the gates of
heaven with our prayers.

All of us have our needs and wants. Our problems often seem like
insurmountable obstacles on life's road; they are hindrances to our
happiness.  We may not be able to do anything about them, but God is
almighty.  He can move mountains. And He would do so if we but make our
requests known to Him in prayer.

Solomon prayed for wisdom and he received it. Hannah prayed for a child
and
became the mother of a great man of God, Samuel.  Saint Paul's request
for
relief from his thorn in the flesh was denied, but instead he received
strength to bear his burden.  That was something even better for him than
what he had desired.  That is how God answers prayer. He is "able to do
immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20).  He has
given us His Son to be our Savior., "Will he not also, along with Him,
graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32).  Indeed He will.  In
answer
to prayer He will open the storehouse of His bounty.

PRAYER:  Heavenly Father, what a privilege it is that we can carry
everything to You in prayer!  Hear us for Jesus' sake.  Amen.

(Taken from "Words of Promise" copyright 1996 Concordia Publishing House.
For more information on this and other devotional materials, call
1-800-325-3040.)

God@Work Ministry ([log in to unmask])
St. Mark's United Methodist Church
740 N. 70th St.