Guess my wife and I are that 1 in 10000.  We were both diangosed with
Parkinson's within 6 months of each other back in 1995.  I have been a
"lurker" on the list for about 2 years, and have only contributed a
couple of times---seems someone else always says what I would have said
so I just read and learn.

My wife's symptoms have progressed somewhat faster than mine, but so far
we have mostly been able to care for ourselves.  Of course, we do have
to help each other at times.  In fact, it's almost comical at times when
we need to help each other get dressed.  It's difficult to say which is
the patient and which the caregiver.  Yes, we have wondered how we will
cope if we ever both become full-time patients who will do the
caregiving, but we don't dwell on that--we are taking one day at a time
and geting through as best we can.

We have 3 children, but the closest is 300 miles away.  We do, however,
have a wonderful, caring church family.  Someone is frequently checking
on us --especially if we miss a Sunday worship.

We are both 72 years old--her birthday is July 22 and mine is July 24.
Since she is two days older, she claims that makes her boss.  So I let
her think so (ha!).  She doesn't know how to operate the computer, so
she won't see this message.

I am on Mirapex - 1 mg 3x per day.  She is on Mirapex - .75 mg 3x per
day and Sinemet CR - 50/200 1/2 tablet 4x per day.

We both see the same neurologist, but have different primary care
physicians.

I previously submitted our histories to a doctor in New York who was
doing a study on Parkinson's Pairs, but have never heard of any results
of his study.

If anyone wants more info - just let me know via e-mail.