I bought one of the newer flatbed scanners priced at $169,
last fall. I like it. You can use it like a copier or save
the picture file on your computer to use on a web page or
for something you want to print later.
  There are a couple of different kinds of picture files
types (the 3 letters after the dot in the name) that are
better for different uses.
Picture files can get big. Some of my picture files are too
big to print on my old laser printer that can only print
something 5 megs or less. I have a newer bubblejet that can
print them though. There are ways to keep the files smaller
but it helps to have a newer faster computer with as much
memory as possible and a 1 to 2 gig hard drive.
  I'm taking a couple of graphic design computer courses at
Community College. If anyone has a scanner and has
questions, I'll try to answer them if I can. I'm not an
expert, but I've managed to scan and print some pictures
with it.
Marge Green