hi ken

ken [log in to unmask] wrote, a couple of times:
>Subj: Maybe this time it will be sent!
>Subject: End of an Era
>
>Today around 2 P.M. my father
>Max Becker AKA Mac, went to be with G-d.
>He had 81 years, most of them good until recently.
>My mother was holding his hand.

i am sorry for your loss, ken

all in all, in spite of the pd,
it sounds like your dad had a good innings,
as they might say in bermuda

>If not for his travails with Parkinsons,
>I would never have known about this list.

if not for mine, neither would i
that's one of the reasons i cannot complain about having pd

>Until now I never mentioned his name on the list,
>I guess it was to keep his suffering private,
>I really never thought of it until now.

hmmm...
i wonder if this desire for privacy is connected somehow
with our discussions on visibility and invisibility of parkies?
or
shame/guilt attached to sharing pain with others?
i don't know, just mulling...

>I have no intention of leaving the list,
>you are my friends, and my extended family.

i agree
and i'm thrilled that you're staying
you contribute a tonne of goofiness
tempered with a gramme of astuteness

>I want to keep others from any unnecessary discomfort,
>I want to be around when the cure is found.
>I want to help bring it about, in any way I can.
>I know dad would want that.

and i'm sure he still does
we are the beneficiaries of your dad's struggle and your own grief
thank you, ken

janet