Dear Parkie,
 I was rejected for long term care insurance that I wrote about about 2
weeks ago. You apparently have to be just recently diagnosed and not on
very many meds to be accepted. It's a young company our of PA. My advice
is to see a independent insurance broker that you trust to see if they
sell it in your state. A friend of the Parkinson's group asked me not to
reveal the name of the company on the internet because if they were
swamped with applications it might destroy the chance of anyone with
Parkinson's qualifying.
 My wife and I were a little unhappy with the salesman because he said
that if the spouse applied for insurance also, their would be a better
chance of the Parkinson patient being accepted. Also, he wouldn't give us
a sample policy to be evaluated by a 3rd party until one of us was
accepted. So now I have been rejected and never seen a policy and my wife
feels like she was pressured to sign up with this company. Harold