Dear Friends,

At this writing I am in the midst of preparing letters for the signatures of
friends and colleagues.  Under their names, I am personalizing and sending one
of each of the 10 shells plus several others to 5 different representatives in
our area and am making sure that our 2 senators receive one of each as well.
In addition, I have lined up 10 people who will send one to each member of the
Appropriations Committee.  So that all of this happens, I am preparing all of
the letters on my own computer.  Those sending letters have promised to
address their own envelopes at an "addressing party."  Since there are many
more who wish to help, I am preparing short little notes for them.

This has become quite an ambitious undertaking as I teach special education
all day and work half the night, but I think it worth it.  Am hoping that my
efforts will bring me some peace knowing that I've done everything in my power
to get Udall out of Appropriations.  I have had a telephone call from the
legislative aide in charge of health issues of my representative in response
to my first letter to him which was a 3 or 4 page letter telling him our
story.  Have just written my second letter and have asked for a report on his
progress in solving this situation.

Best wishes to you in your efforts to pass Udall.  The letters are for you to
use if you wish.  Hope they help.

Barb Brock