From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of JaneRoss
Sent:   Sunday, May 17, 1998 12:47 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Weight gain

Help, I'm having a problem!  I'm gaining weight and can't seem to stop.
This may seem like a vanity problem but it is more than that this is
serious!  In the past two years since my deep brain stimulation surgery I
have been gaining weight.  I gained 8 pounds the week I was in the hospital
after  the surgery and have been going up in weight ever since.

For years I weighed 135# to138#  I have now blossomed to over 150#. I have
a Doctor appointment this week and he is going to have a fit!!  I am now
eating about half as much as before surgery I serve myself on a salad plate
to make it look  like more.  I have cut out all desserts, most meats, and
all snacks.

I know most PWP are trying to gain,  Forgive my complaints.

Any sympathy, suggestions or common complaints are needed to take to my DR.
to reinforce that paladotomy and DBS may cause serious weight gain.

 55/19   DBS, Mirapex