hi all;

last thursday, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>In Dayton Ohio, thru the Ohio Southwest  Parkinsons Assn.,
>a new support group, called the AP's, started about 8 months ago.
>AP stands for Active Parkinsonians.
>We have grown from a core group  of about 6 to about 16.
>Our main thrust is support for the newly diagnosed
>tho we will not turn down anybody with a need.
>We are not geared for end stage situations.
>A 15 year veteran of PD wars,  I was asked to lead the new group.
>It was fun and interesting - since I had never even been to one before.
>Is there any specific thing I should be doing
>regarding the AP's and the listserv?

since i have been appointed to the position of the
PWP Calendar Control Supervisor  [CCS]
i am obligated to tell you
STORKIE

[btw - who are you? i suspect this is an out-dated name]

if you know of any special or recurring events
that you think we'd like to know about
by all means send me the details
so that i can update our
brand new

*****Calendar for People with Parkinson's*****

which can be accessed on the world wide web
directly at:
http://newww.com/cgi-bin/do_cal?c:pwpc

or through jerry finch's site:
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/

we have free use of this calendar software
the price is right
but as you all may know
every database program has its own idiosyncrasies

this calendar database software program
would prefer that i enter your information
in the following order and format:

---------------------
Start Date (mm/dd/yy) :

End Date (if not the same) (mm/dd/yy) :

Title of the Event:

Event description (limited to 300 characters) :

City {must be found in database) :

State (must be two character abbreviation) :

@ Event Location (descriptive form, ie. the Chapel Art Center):

Street Address {if appropriate):

---------------------

which data,
after the Calendar has had its Control Supervised
by yours truly,
should look something like this:

---------------------

Wednesday, 20 May 1998
Exercise Class for PWP in Falls Church, Virginia
This class is held every Wednesday at 11:30 AM. Contact Chava Sladek,
APDA, at telephone 703-876-0836.
Falls Church, VA @ the Providence Recreation Centre, 7525 Marc Drive

---------------------

there are certain limitations inherent in the software i.e.:

1. the month/day/year date format

[i personally like the year/month/day format
because it ends up being sorted numerically automatically
when sorted chronologically, and vice versa]

2. the usa orientation and layout of the city/state/location/street address

i believe that the calendar is searchable via city and state
[i haven't investigated yet]
so the city and state fields have a 'don't mess with me' format

there are also no options for non-usa countries
so you may notice that an event in Barcelona, Spain
might have an odd Texas address, for instance

but this Supervisor can cope with all this Calendar Controlling
no worries

so, what's happening out there?

your cyber-sibling in supervising

janet

janet paterson
51/10 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac
almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]