SAFEWAY'S JUNE 1998 "CHARITY OF CHOICE" - The American Parkinson Disease
Association has been honored by being selected to participate in the Safeway
Stores "Charity of Choice" program.  This is a wonderful opportunity to
bring needed dollars to our Parkinson community while broadening awareness
of our organization.  For each month of the year, a charity is selected by
the Safeway employees.  We will be the June 1998 "Charity of Choice" at the
Northwest region Safeway stores.

The "Charity of Choice" program allows for two ways of raising funds.  The
first is through canisters located at checkout stands at all the regional Safe

way stores.  The second is through a $1 coupon contribution added to your
grocery bill.  Safeway handles the funds and delivers the proceeds to the
representatives in each state.  The program covers Washington, Idaho,
Montana and Alaska.  The key component of the promotion is that the funds
collected are returned to the area that raised them. Distribution of these
funds will be directed by the APDA state and regional representatives.

This is an outstanding opportunity for you to participate in this program by
giving your personal support and by encouraging others to participate. Your
energetic participation will help fund research, supporting new treatments,
education, and support group programs.

Our Washington annual Walk-A-Thon will be on Saturday, June 13,1998, at
Magnuson Park in Seattle beginning at 10:00 a.m. There will be food,
entertainment, prizes and t-shirts.  Our goal is to raise money and
awareness.  LET'S DO IT TOGETHER!!!

I have a young onset PD support group in Bellevue, WA. and have had PD for
23 years.

Thanks,  Sheryll Harbaugh