Here's a shell for a Viet Nam vet.  A friend of mine sent it to his
congressmen.
Barb
Return address

The Honorable ________
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator ____:

Please read my letter, as it is heartfelt.  Then do something to help!  I
write to you as another loyal American interested in the future and welfare of
our citizenry.

I did not fight in Viet Nam for the United States of America, the greatest
country on Earth, to watch it lose its status as a world power because we
failed to adopt a proactive stance in the war against disease.

In just six years, the  "Baby Boomers," a generation that fought in Viet Nam,
will reach age 57, the average age for the diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease, a
catastrophic neuro-degenerative disease associated with advancing age.  Give
them your greatest gift.  Give them effective therapies and, possibly, even a
cure.  Support them in this need.

That we have control at all is really only an illusion, but YOU have a lot
more control than I or those suffering from this dreaded affliction. You must
use your influence to release the Morris K. Udall Bill for Parkinson's
Research and Education, enacted last year, from Appropriations.  Fully fund it
to the approved level of $100 Million and do it today.  There is no time to
waste!

Thank you.

Sincerely,